Mandate and functions of KVK and its location specific objectives
- Conducting On Farm Testing (OFT) to identify the location specificity of agricultural technologies in terms of location specific sustainable land use under various farming systems.
- Organizing Front Line Demonstrations (FLD) to establish production potential of various crops and enterprises on the farmer's field to generate production data and feedback information.
- Organizing need based training to farmers to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies related to technology assessment, refinement and demonstration, and training of extension personnel with emerging advances in agricultural research on regular basis, to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development.
- Organizing short term and long term vocational training courses in agriculture and allied vocations for the farmers, farm women, rural youths and self help groups with emphasis on learning by doing for higher production on farms and generating self employment.
- Creating awareness about improved technologies to larger masses through appropriate extension programmes.
- Production and supply of good quality seeds and planting materials, livestock, poultry and fisheries breeds and various bio-products to the farming community.
- Work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district
- Providing farm advisory services